2nd DAT done!! What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PersianCzar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to my future fellow Dentists!!

I just finished my second time taking the DAT and scores are below. What are my chances of getting into a Dental School with these stats:

PAT: 21
QR: 15 (Ran out of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
RC: 18
BIO: 20
GC:19
OC: 17 (Missed 3 questions, ran out of time!!!!)
Total Science: 19
Academic Average: 18

I graduated from ASU in Biomedical Engineering with an overall 3.6 GPA. My science GPA is 3.7. I have 1 LOR from a Dentist, 1 from Biochemistry Professor, 1 from Physics Professor. I have 500+ hours community service work and still volunteering over the coruse of 8 years.

What are my chances of getting accepted? Have others with these scores had any chance? If any Dental admission advisors see this, please give me an honest answer as to what the statistics of acceptance are. The first time I took the DAT, I bombed the test and I am too embarresed to even say what I got. This was a HUGE improvement for me but is it enough? Does a retake need to be in order? WIll the QR score really exclude me out of the race for acceptance?

QR: I studied MATH destroyer in and out, and still got this score. Just not enough time finish.

Once again, if any ADCOM's see this, please let me know what my chances are and if anyone has been accepted with these scores. I appreciate your time.

Im happy with my performance compared to my 1st time. I locked myself indoors for 2 months, grew a beard, and hardly seen the sun. I literally imprisoned myself and lost so much weight. I would hate to have to do this regimen all over again but I need a realistic answer since I can't afford to waste so much money on the process to only settle for less.

Thanks in advance everybody!! You guys are instrumental to every future Dentist's success with your help, guidance, and coach-like motivational words.

Peace

Members don't see this ad.

that 17 OC and 15 QR is a killer. I would personally take it again from now till june and apply once next cycle opens. Also, it's getting late in the cycle now. by the time admissions starts reviewing your file, it'll probably be November.

I would retake it but I guess it's worth a shot at some schools.
I don't know where your problem is. You didn't give us much of a breakdown. I mean two months of full-time studying should have gotten you a much higher score. I always felt that this late in the cycle is reserved for applicants with stellar applications so I don't think you'll have much luck for this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would retake it and apply next cycle. At this age, it's a smart thing to do to have no section less than a 18. TS and AA of 19+ is highly desired with your GPA.

Hello to my future fellow Dentists!!

I just finished my second time taking the DAT and scores are below. What are my chances of getting into a Dental School with these stats:

PAT: 21
QR: 15 (Ran out of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
RC: 18
BIO: 20
GC:19
OC: 17 (Missed 3 questions, ran out of time!!!!)
Total Science: 19
Academic Average: 18

I graduated from ASU in Biomedical Engineering with an overall 3.6 GPA. My science GPA is 3.7. I have 1 LOR from a Dentist, 1 from Biochemistry Professor, 1 from Physics Professor. I have 500+ hours community service work and still volunteering over the coruse of 8 years.

What are my chances of getting accepted? Have others with these scores had any chance? If any Dental admission advisors see this, please give me an honest answer as to what the statistics of acceptance are. The first time I took the DAT, I bombed the test and I am too embarresed to even say what I got. This was a HUGE improvement for me but is it enough? Does a retake need to be in order? WIll the QR score really exclude me out of the race for acceptance?

QR: I studied MATH destroyer in and out, and still got this score. Just not enough time finish.

Once again, if any ADCOM's see this, please let me know what my chances are and if anyone has been accepted with these scores. I appreciate your time.

Im happy with my performance compared to my 1st time. I locked myself indoors for 2 months, grew a beard, and hardly seen the sun. I literally imprisoned myself and lost so much weight. I would hate to have to do this regimen all over again but I need a realistic answer since I can't afford to waste so much money on the process to only settle for less.

Thanks in advance everybody!! You guys are instrumental to every future Dentist's success with your help, guidance, and coach-like motivational words.

Peace
You will get in somewhere.

You will get in somewhere.
it just depends on how early you entered your application because the 15 and the 17 can really hurt your chances.
Some schools weed out candidates that score a 17 or lower on any subject on the DAT....
BUT all hope is not lost!
with good recommendation letters and experiences to share on your statement..you might get in somewhere

Math a little low for an engineer....but overall good stats to land an acceptance! GL