2nd NAVLE Failure, What's The Next Step For Me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huevosgood

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a current 4th year about to graduate and I just found out that I failed the NAVLE for a second time from this past April testing window.

I already failed it this past November window, and while I did show some minor improvement in scoring (I went up from a 381 to a 387), I'm seriously having a panic attack as to how I'm gonna get myself over the hub for this upcoming November testing window. I've already had to inform the internship facility I matched with that I can't participate because I've failed and now with 6 months of not being able to practice medicine, I don't know what else to do except study for the next exam.

I've already gone through all of vet prep and I had been reviewing over a majority of zuku review top disease lists for different animals. I took the NAVLE self-assessments before each time I attempted the NAVLE (barely failed the first time, barely passed the 2nd time). As the exam gets closer, I just feel that my mind just ends up blanking completely and information just doesn't absorb into my head properly. I'm not able to retain the information I read and it ends up taking me forever to memorize information.

I'm feeling so lost right now, what can I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current 4th year about to graduate and I just found out that I failed the NAVLE for a second time from this past April testing window.

I already failed it this past November window, and while I did show some minor improvement in scoring (I went up from a 381 to a 387), I'm seriously having a panic attack as to how I'm gonna get myself over the hub for this upcoming November testing window. I've already had to inform the internship facility I matched with that I can't participate because I've failed and now with 6 months of not being able to practice medicine, I don't know what else to do except study for the next exam.

I've already gone through all of vet prep and I had been reviewing over a majority of zuku review top disease lists for different animals. I took the NAVLE self-assessments before each time I attempted the NAVLE (barely failed the first time, barely passed the 2nd time). As the exam gets closer, I just feel that my mind just ends up blanking completely and information just doesn't absorb into my head properly. I'm not able to retain the information I read and it ends up taking me forever to memorize information.

I'm feeling so lost right now, what can I do?

I haven't taken the NAVLE yet but plan to take it in November. It seems you need to put more time/energy is test taking skill since you already have the content. Consciously stay calm. Panic will worsen the process.