2nd year dental student condiering military route

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rav4182

Another Brick In the Wall
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently in my 2nd year of dental school and am doing well. By the end of my 4 year period I will be close to $360k in debt with about half unsubsidized close to 7% interest. I am strongly considering doing the military route but I don't even know where to begin. Is it still possible to get a 4 year scholarship if I give Uncle Sam 4 years of my life? can someone please give me some insight on where to get accurate current information.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Currently in my 2nd year of dental school and am doing well. By the end of my 4 year period I will be close to $360k in debt with about half unsubsidized close to 7% interest. I am strongly considering doing the military route but I don't even know where to begin. Is it still possible to get a 4 year scholarship if I give Uncle Sam 4 years of my life? can someone please give me some insight on where to get accurate current information.

Thank you
In the Army your chance of getting a scholarship is slim. 3 yr scholarships are gone and they don't offer 1 or 2 yr scholarships except for very limited circumstances. You can still consider joining the military after you graduate for loan repayment.

AF offers very few 2 year scholarships. Its decided annually and I think its passed the deadline for this year. Best to contact your closest HP recruiter.