Pedores

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi everyone! My co-resident and I are curently finishing our first years as pedo residents at a program which shall remain nameless. We have been miserable, craving more education, feel deceived by the attendings etc. We were both excellent candidates and did rank this program #1 (although under false pretenses - basically the directors lied to us at the interview here). We have been trying to find out if anyone ever transfers to another program for their second year of pedo and if so are there any second year spots open???
Residents transfer all the time in medicine!

crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
San Francisco
Status
Dentist
you're miserableness is probably effecting the people around you. if you aren't prepared or capable of doing what is requested of a program then you shouldn't have ranked them in the first place.

i also hate to break it to you, but just because you ranked that program highly doesn't mean they did the same for you. i should show you the list, you'd be surprised where you ranked. trust me, if our superiors had listened to us like they had in the past you wouldn't even be here, too bad the dnr didn't hold the weight it used to.

everything you have experienced to this point has been from your own decisions. the funny part is you are acting like the program should remain nameless to protect the reputation of the program. The truth is that you are too cowardly to admit it because you know it will get back around to your attendings. kind of the same way you went about that whole thing with the gme.
wow, such drama... so what program is this?

LeFort

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2004
Status
I perfectly understand your situation.
Call the AAPD the find out if there are any position open for next year. There are over 400 pediatric dentistry residents in the US right now... chances are not everybody completes their program.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
I perfectly understand your situation.
Call the AAPD the find out if there are any position open for next year. There are over 400 pediatric dentistry residents in the US right now... chances are not everybody completes their program.
Actually, I'd say nearly everybody completes their program.

OP
P

Pedores

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think you have some people in your own program confused with us.
None of your quote matches with our situation. Sorry.

you're miserableness is probably effecting the people around you. if you aren't prepared or capable of doing what is requested of a program then you shouldn't have ranked them in the first place.

i also hate to break it to you, but just because you ranked that program highly doesn't mean they did the same for you. i should show you the list, you'd be surprised where you ranked. trust me, if our superiors had listened to us like they had in the past you wouldn't even be here, too bad the dnr didn't hold the weight it used to.

everything you have experienced to this point has been from your own decisions. the funny part is you are acting like the program should remain nameless to protect the reputation of the program. The truth is that you are too cowardly to admit it because you know it will get back around to your attendings. kind of the same way you went about that whole thing with the gme.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
I think you have some people in your own program confused with us.
None of your quote matches with our situation. Sorry.
I can't say where they each are, but I can say with 100% certain knowledge that pedores and kiddieteeth are not at the same program.

I'd say kiddieteeth owes somebody an apology. :)