2ndarys without verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bambam02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone getting secondary's witout having their AMCAS verified?

Members don't see this ad.

Is that even possible? I thought AMCAS doesn't even send anything until your application is verified.

I did last year. So yes, it's possible.

Columbia comes to mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that even possible? I thought AMCAS doesn't even send anything until your application is verified.

Schools can see if you're applying there or not. Some, like GW, do not screen for secondaries, so you may receive invitations although you have not been verified.

Schools can see if you're applying there or not. Some, like GW, do not screen for secondaries, so you may receive invitations although you have not been verified.

Ya I got a secondary from GW this morning at 7:30 Central

NYMC does it as well. Short after you submit they send you a secondary.

NYMC does it as well. Short after you submit they send you a secondary.

ya I have submitted yet not been verified...but I have received GW but not NYMC

Weird, I was verified yesterday and I haven't received a secondary invite from GW or any other school for that matter :confused:

Never mind, got one at 3:30 today (not GW though). It's gonna take some time for me to get used to the randomness of this whole process.

unless they've changed their ways from 2 years ago, you should be getting it shortly.
Last year NYMC didn't send out this secondary until the end of July. Just an FYI.

Before I was verified, I got secondaries from:
GWU
Boston
Columbia

(I was verified July 2nd)

Yep and I can't remember which ones sent them as soon as I submitted my AMCAS, but they pile up on you like crazy.

I know some Texas schools let you access the secondary before you complete the primary. And some (UTSW) even send our interview invites before the secondary is complete. :laugh: makes the secondary seem useless...

I got GW w/o verification. Hoping to get Boston soon.

Last year NYMC didn't send out this secondary until the end of July. Just an FYI.

Before I was verified, I got secondaries from:
GWU
Boston
Columbia

(I was verified July 2nd)

Ahh, well I submitted later than you and received it before being verified. They just release it later.

Wow, I'm happy I saw this thread now. I was about to make a new one asking if this is normal (I got one from WashU today at 2p, but my AMCAS is still waiting for review).

**Edit**

I can't login to the secondary (seems to be no way to create a new login since I don't have a password yet), and it says "Login for entering year 2011". Did I get sent last year's secondary???

Last edited:
Wow, I'm happy I saw this thread now. I was about to make a new one asking if this is normal (I got one from WashU today at 2p, but my AMCAS is still waiting for review).

**Edit**

I can't login to the secondary (seems to be no way to create a new login since I don't have a password yet), and it says "Login for entering year 2011". Did I get sent last year's secondary???

washu's doesnt start till the 20th

Oooh, haha. Dunno why I didn't notice that :rolleyes: