2wk deadline for case western secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Yogi Bear, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Do they want it to be postmarked/online submitted w/in two weeks or do they want for it to arrive in two weeks? I find it really a hassle just to finish it in such a short time. Do they screen for secondaries cuz this requirement is just bit unreasonable! when do they start interviewing/sending out notices? +pissed+

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

Yogi, are you talking about their PAPER secondary???

The paper secondary that comes to you, needs to arrive there by 2 weeks upon your receipt. I think you can rest awhile before sending the e-secondary. Atleast that's what the secretary told me.

Tweetie

4. JZZZZZZZs

JZZZZZZZs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Tweetie,
    Is the paper secondary from Case different than their on-line secondary? If not, I would think it's faster to submit it via the internet than through our "trusty" snail mail. Besides, I received their on-line secondary last Tuesday and the paper secondary is no where in sight. :mad:
    Also, have you had problems logging into the on-line site? The link is fine but I can't log on because the spaces to put our info. aren't there? :confused:

5. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

My CWRU AMCAS app actually got forwarded to them THIS WEEK so I am not expecting the paper sec anytime soon. I have heard that right after they receive the app. they mail out the secondaries.

I believe they are the same. Not sure yet.

The reason you are not seeing the spaces to type the info in is because either you are using an older version of Explorer, or you are using dialup. I had the same problem with mine, but once I waited for a couple of mins to have the entire thing load, the problem did not persist. Go to your undergrad school and get on an ethernet connection. That's much faster and will load better.

If that doesn't work, you may just have to wait long enough to have the entire thing load through the dialup connection.

Sorry. :(

6. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    when i applied last year, the web thing and the paper thing were different.

i had to do both. i think the 2 week deadline is usually based on postmark unless otherwise stated. in general you should strive to punch out secondaries in about 2 days of receiving them. this way you can keep up with the deluge of secondaries that come up.

7. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey guys and gals,
    i called case western and they said that the 2 week request for you to return your secondary is only a request. the deadline is in december. so, don't stress about it. it's better to take a little more time than to rush with it.

8. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

true, BUT remember that they don't even look at our applications until all the stuff is in. Atleast that's what the email said.

Also, GW and Tulane is the same. so be warned that if you do send the stuff in late, your app won't be looked at until a few weeks after you send it in. THEN you get invited for an interview. We're dodging bullets if we don't send it in within a reasonable time period. I'd say 3 weeks is good enough.

Tweetie

9. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

make sure your LOR's are there soon. I had problems with that way into november, and it was a real horror for me for some time.