2x2 Photo. Can it be a selfie cropped?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j3nny002

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take many selfies and I was wondering if it is necessary to go get a passport style one? Do you think they prefer a plain background? I am thinking of using a photo I took by a tree. Do you think that will be unprofessional? Could I just crop that photo using a website and print it out at CVS?

Members don't see this ad.

T
I take many selfies and I was wondering if it is necessary to go get a passport style one? Do you think they prefer a plain background? I am thinking of using a photo I took by a tree. Do you think that will be unprofessional? Could I just crop that photo using a website and print it out at CVS?
You are embarking on a trip that is likely to cost you 2-400k, but, by golly, you do not want to spend an x note on passport pictures.

Reactions: 2 users

plain background probably. You can still take decent photo at home if you have plain white wall and good lighting.
have someone to take the pic for you if you have short arms :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of the schools have instructions that say they one a passport-style photo as in no hat, full face, and light background preferred. I wore a button down shirt (no tie) and took a picture in front a gray/beige wall about shoulders and up and then cropped it to 2x2". Then went to staples and had it printed on photo paper.

Just make it look relatively professional.

Whether you like to think it or not you are getting judged the second they look at your picture even if they aren't trying to judge you. I would make your picture look as professional as possible.

Just don't be this guy

B760VByIQAMRfVL.jpg

Reactions: 7 users