3.0 gpa if I take post-bacc... can I get in US-MD school?

DriftaX

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2008
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    My gpa is a 3.0 and I have gotten a F in a science class. If I get a 3.8+ gpa in post bacc and have a 35+mcat would I have a chance of going to a decent/good US-MD school? I do not want to goto the caribb or DO. What are my options?

dwc929

10+ Year Member
    Apr 20, 2008
    1. Pre-Medical
      My gpa is a 3.0 and I have gotten a F in a science class. If I get a 3.8+ gpa in post bacc and have a 35+mcat would I have a chance of going to a decent/good US-MD school? I do not want to goto the caribb or DO. What are my options?

Agree that it's doable though 3.8+ and 35+ is easier said than done.

About the Ads

Mobius1985

10+ Year Member
      Apr 4, 2007
        With such a low GPA, med schools will want to see 1.5-2.0 years of excellent grades, including lots of upper-level science courses, to prove you can succeed in the science-intense curriculum of a med school. Also, repeat the science class you got the F in.

JaggerPlate

10+ Year Member
        May 28, 2007
        1. Medical Student

Far too many ifs there, especially a 35 on the mcat (I believe that's over the 90 percentile).

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.