3.0 Undergrad, 3.75 Graduate GPA, 508< predicted MCAT what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbmb5656

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Undergrad was not great for me. I had a 3.0 GPA undergrad. I retook the worst class and got an A (from a different university). I had a 3.75 during my Masters program in Biomedical Science, predicted MCAT is 508 or higher. Do I have any chance at all???

Members don't see this ad.

Adcoms will look at both undergrad and graduate GPA, but your stats are much stronger for DO schools. It's best to look into your chances when you have your actual MCAT score (though it is a good sign if you're scoring well on practice tests). Your BCPM is important, too.

You should also have strong clinical and non-clinical EC's, shadowing, leadership, etc.

I would suggest:

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

NYMC

Creighton

Albany

Rosy Franklin

Drexel

Temple

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

MCW

WVU

Jefferson

Tulane

Loyola

U Miami

Wake Forest

EVMS

VCU

Netter

Oakland-B

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program

Your state school(s).

Undergrad was not great for me. I had a 3.0 GPA undergrad. I retook the worst class and got an A (from a different university). I had a 3.75 during my Masters program in Biomedical Science, predicted MCAT is 508 or higher. Do I have any chance at all???