3.06 GPA with 43 credits, whats the highest GPA I can get? 120 credits to graduate.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bchristyb18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been mostly focused on a student organization I'm starting and I work full time. So my GPA is pretty low (3.06). But now I have much more time to focus on classes. What is the highest GPA I can get? I graduate with 120 credits. Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA will be 3.663 if you get all 4.0's for the next 77 credits

Reactions: 1 users
Loving the half duck-face profile pic.

EDIT: point is, change your profile pic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been mostly focused on a student organization I'm starting and I work full time. So my GPA is pretty low (3.06). But now I have much more time to focus on classes. What is the highest GPA I can get? I graduate with 120 credits. Thank you in advance.
If that profile pic is actually a photo of you, you should change it to protect your privacy.

Also, your question was just asking someone else to do basic arithmetic for you. C'mon.

Reactions: 8 users
For future reference,
GPA=((current GPA)(credits taken) + (future GPA)(future credits)) / (total credits).

So, if you're expecting a perfect 4.0 for the rest of your credits,
((3.06)(44)+(4.00)(77))/120=3.66.

Reactions: 5 users
Applicants get hyper-focused on a single GPA number and that is not how medical schools see you. So worry about your grade trends per year and not your multi-year GPA

Back in August, you posted that you had a 3.0 with 57 credits. How is it you have fewer credits now?

ImageUploadedBySDN1514751611.481994.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Is no one else concerned about op's ability to calculate an average?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
For future reference,
GPA=((current GPA)(credits taken) + (future GPA)(future credits)) / (total credits).

So, if you're expecting a perfect 4.0 for the rest of your credits,
((3.06)(44)+(4.00)(77))/120=3.66.

Thank you!

Back in August, you posted that you had a 3.0 with 57 credits. How is it you have fewer credits now?

I made the mistake of including my transfer credits last time which isn't calculated into my current university's GPA. I wanted to know the GPA of my current institution. Good eye!

Members don't see this ad :)
I made the mistake of including my transfer credits last time which isn't calculated into my current university's GPA. I wanted to know the GPA of my current institution. Good eye!
Just be aware that AMCAS includes ALL college grades when calculating your GPA.

Oh I meant to thank the post above you. Question related feedback only please, this isn't facebook thank you.
You don’t want people associating your face with an inability to do 9th grade algebra.

They are trying to help you

Reactions: 4 users
Oh I meant to thank the post above you. Question related feedback only please, this isn't facebook thank you.

Don’t be an ass, this person is trying to tell you that you should protect your anonymity as is customary here and a generally good idea.

Reactions: 4 users
Reactions: 3 users
"Protect anonymity. Remember, students, doctors, schools and professional organizations follow the SDN Forums. Please keep your identity protected"

I'll go ahead and change it then, thank you :)