3.1 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coral Blue

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a non-traditional applicant with a low GPA, but a big upward trend, I had an upward trend my last 2 years of undergrad and did a post bacc to boost my GPA for a year. I ended with a 3.99 during my post-bacc.

I graduated from UC Davis. California resident. Will take my mcat this upcoming July, the practice exams I've been consistently scoring around 512, but I'm aiming for a 520 to make up for my low GPA.

I have 32 hours of tutoring. 632 hours of research. 80 hours shadowing. 500 clinical hours, not including the shadowing and 100 non-clinical hours. The non-clinical hours were medical education regarding their end of life rights and volunteering at an elementary school.

My personal statement I'm leaving out of this conversation as it is too subjective and, without really reading it, an accurate judgement cannot be made.

I want to aim for a healthy mix of M.D and D.O with perhaps a 60/40 split between the two. What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Where you apply will depend on your actual MCAT score. If 505 or higher you are competitive for the majority of DO schools. Post your actual score here in the future.

Reactions: 3 users
Just making sure, high MCAT opens up a lot of doors, but it won't completely compensate for low GPA depending on the schools you choose. That said, you should figure out which schools will value your more-recent coursework GPA's over your cumulative, especially among the in-state schools. But we don't take bets until an official MCAT score is posted. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users