3.1 sGPA, 3.1cGPA, 3.8 nonscience GPA, 508 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slinky4444

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Like the title says, I have a 3.1 sGPA, 3.1cGPA, 3.8 nonscience GPA, and 508 MCAT. My MCAT breakdown is: Chem/Phys: 125
CARS: 129
Biochem: 125
Behavioral: 129
Total: 508.
I have over 300 hours of combined shadowing and clinical volunteering work, both in under-served areas of San Diego and in Tijuana, and I have over 100 hours of working as a medical scribe. I have my name on one resesarch publication (6th author) and I have 4 letters of rec, one from the PI of my research lab, 2 from science profs, and one from the doctor I shadow. I also have extracuriculars in terms of equestrian (I was captain of my university team for 2 years). I was wondering what my chances of getting into DO schools are. I've applied to the newer ones so I'm just trying to gauge my chances :) Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

URM/ORM?
Can you clarify what kind of volunteering clinical activity you had? You mentioned working in Tijuana, can you elaborate on the reason/method you used for said volunteering?

Members don't see this ad :)
URM/ORM?
Can you clarify what kind of volunteering clinical activity you had? You mentioned working in Tijuana, can you elaborate on the reason/method you used for said volunteering?
I'm not URM, middle eastern is considered Caucasian usually. They were medical clinics that we did on weekends every 3 months, we took medical supplies to Tijuana and saw patients. I went with an organization called Healing Hearts Across Borders so we had many health care providers and medical/nursing students with us as well.