• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

3.2/3.2 GPA, 22 MCAT

DocInTheMaking23

7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2014
    Hey guys,

I have applied pretty broadly to D.O schools as well as just one MD school (NEOMED). I understand my stats are not competitive to get in so thats not what I am here for. Just wondering what tips you guys might have moving forward?

I have three letters, (Committee letter, 1 D.O that is alum from Ohio U and faculty at NEOMED, 1 MD), about 80 hours of research at the Cleveland Clinic, 40 or so hours of shadowing. Just my stats are low. I was thinking maybe retaking in september or maybe doing a post bacc then retaking. Any advice is greatly appreciated, and please no sugar coating. I have also receieved secondaries from NEOMED, Tuoro, NOVA, MSUCOM, OUCOM, Midwestern.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
    10+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    Jun 11, 2010
    Somewhere west of St. Louis
    1. Non-Student
      Retake MCAT, do better and apply more broadly to DO schools. A 22 MCAT is pretty lethal at DO programs, except maybe LUCOM.

Hey guys,

I have applied pretty broadly to D.O schools as well as just one MD school (NEOMED). I understand my stats are not competitive to get in so thats not what I am here for. Just wondering what tips you guys might have moving forward?

I have three letters, (Committee letter, 1 D.O that is alum from Ohio U and faculty at NEOMED, 1 MD), about 80 hours of research at the Cleveland Clinic, 40 or so hours of shadowing. Just my stats are low. I was thinking maybe retaking in september or maybe doing a post bacc then retaking. Any advice is greatly appreciated, and please no sugar coating. I have also receieved secondaries from NEOMED, Tuoro, NOVA, MSUCOM, OUCOM, Midwestern.

About the Ads

DocInTheMaking23

7+ Year Member
      Aug 5, 2014
        Retake MCAT, do better and apply more broadly to DO schools. A 22 MCAT is pretty lethal at DO programs, except maybe LUCOM.

Currently the MCAT dates I'm looking at are 9/12, 9/18, or 10/21. Ideally 9/18 would be best, but do you think retaking the mcat as late as 10/21 would be bad? I don't want to take it 9/18 if I'm not ready

Goro

Lifetime Donor
        10+ Year Member
        Verified Expert
        Jun 11, 2010
        Somewhere west of St. Louis
        1. Non-Student
          Even a 10/21 date is not too late.

Currently the MCAT dates I'm looking at are 9/12, 9/18, or 10/21. Ideally 9/18 would be best, but do you think retaking the mcat as late as 10/21 would be bad? I don't want to take it 9/18 if I'm not ready

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.