3.2 gpa 30P mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jarwel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm probably not going to apply because I don't think it makes sense for me, but I'd like to know what you think.

CS major 3.2 overall with significantly higher BCPM(3.7 range). Also showing a strong upward trend with a 4.0 for the last 30 hours. These hours were, however, taked on a part time basis while working full time.

MCAT: pretty balanced 30P

BS: 11 VR: 9 PS: 10

The story with the mcat kinda sucks. I Took Kaplan.

FL1: 31
FL2: 35

Then I got distracted and didn't study at all for 2 months.

Week of the test.

FL3: 31

So my score was pretty much dead on with the last full length I took. Actually, I went down by one in both sciences and up by one in verbal. FL2 might have been a fluke, but more likely the 4-5 point drop is due to my lack of studying for 2 months. All of my points were lost in the sciences, so it seems reasonable to me.

Anyway gpa is low but mcat is solid. A 30P is pretty much the national average for accepted US students. If I could boost my gpa to a 3.4-3.5 I bet I'd get in somewhere for sure.

Well it does seem to show that Kaplan is pretty accurate, or at least it appears to be for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Your balanced MCAT is fine. It's just your overall gpa that's low. But if you've got solid ECs, clinical experience and accessible state schools I say go for it. And you might consider taking more classes to try to raise your gpa if you think it could have an impact. You can update schools when you get the grades. Congrats on the great upward trend.