3.2 gpa mcat results due: Picking schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiddler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The GPA is 3.2. Mcat results in two weeks, i've averaged 34 on practice tests but I feel I did not do well at all during the real deal. So lets say I get a 30-32. I'm arab so i suppose that makes me over represented in medicine. Also I live in CA.

ECs:
70 hours shadowing a physician
1/2 year hospital volunteering
2 years research with 1 publication and a summer research scholarship
Certificate of ethnomusicology
4 years of volunteering at a non-profit school (tutored, did a looot of construction, cleaning, etc)

So. I'm going through the list of schools i'm applying to and I feel like a blind guy playing basketball. I'm checking their stats (preferring lower stats of course), I briefly searched to check if they have a strong regional bias, and if all is well I click. Applying to two new schools - I understand the risk.

Here is my list thus far. I'd appreciate suggestions and or criticism.

ATSU/KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
AZCOM
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, NC (CUSOM?)
CCOM
KCUMB-COM
LECOM
LECOM-Bradenton
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IN
NSU-COM
TOUROCOM-NY
TUCOM-CA
Western U/COMP

If it's easier (is for me), the full names of the schools:

A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO
A.T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona, AZ
Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, AZ
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine, NC
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University, Admissions Office, IL
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, MO
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Erie/Seton Hill, PA
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton Campus, FL
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine, IN
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, NY
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California, CA
Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific - Pomona, CA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So i've heard that Marian will have an instate bias as well as Campbell... I could be wrong, but these are also new schools so take that into account. Your list looks fine, you could also add DMU, but DMU, CCOM, and KCUMB might be a little more tough due to GPA. Also, you didn't give us your sGPA, and we can't really tell you much until you get those MCAT scores.