3.2 SGPA 3.4 CGPA 497 MCAT Will I even get an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runmemydegree

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will I even get an interview for MD or DO with a 497 MCAT being a URM? Need help debating if I should withdraw my applications.

Members don't see this ad.

You need to provide more info: state of residence, grade trends, ECs, URM, school list, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m nobody important and my opinion is worth less than nothing but I don’t think I’d spend the money to apply this cycle. It’s expensive and takes a LOT of time. Save your time and money and strengthen your application then try next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely don't apply this cycle.

You're dead on arrival basically everywhere.

Find an SMP and prepare for an MCAT retake.

EDIT: If you're already in the hole, as it appears you've already submitted, then pick your state schools and the newest DO schools (if you already submitted to them) and cross your fingers. If you have NOT already applied to these places, don't bother and cut your losses.

You need to provide more info: state of residence, grade trends, ECs, URM, school list, etc.
State of residence: PA
Grade trends: upwards, dean's list for 3 years straight
ECs: 2000+ hours of research, 1000+ hours of clinical volunteering, 100 hours of shadowing, multiple leadership positions, member of the conduct board on campus
URM: african american woman 1st gen american
School list:
DO:
LECOM, NYIT, PCOM, Rowan, Michigan, Western University, Touro NY and Cali
MD:
Rosalind Franklin
Quinnipiac
Geisinger Commonwealth
George Washington
Howard
Morehouse
Temple
Loyola
New York Medical College
NOVA
Oakland
Penn State
Seton Hall
Thomas Jefferson
UCLA Drew
Wayne State
West Virginia

State of residence: PA
Grade trends: upwards, dean's list for 3 years straight
ECs: 2000+ hours of research, 1000+ hours of clinical volunteering, 100 hours of shadowing, multiple leadership positions, member of the conduct board on campus
URM: african american woman 1st gen american
School list:
DO:
LECOM, NYIT, PCOM, Rowan, Michigan, Western University, Touro NY and Cali
MD:
Rosalind Franklin
Quinnipiac
Geisinger Commonwealth
George Washington
Howard
Morehouse
Temple

Loyola
New York Medical College
NOVA
Oakland
Penn State
Seton Hall
Thomas Jefferson
UCLA Drew
Wayne State
West Virginia

I bolded the schools that are possibly not donations.

I think your best chances are at Howard, Morehouse, and Touro NY.

I want to reiterate that I think your chances are poor, but they are the least poor at the places I bolded.

I think you have a shot at DO school. GL.

I am not sure what you decided to do. However, since you have already taken your MCAT and have submitted your application, I think it would make sense for you to go through with the application process and finish applying. If you have your LOR ready, taken CASPER, and have received some secondaries, you should apply. By applying you're giving yourself a chance but by withdrawing your application you will not even give yourself a shot. In reality, you will probably have to re-apply and retake your MCAT but you should still apply this cycle if everything in your application is ready. No reason for you to withdraw and plan on only applying next cycle.