1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MD & DO 3.26cGPA, 3.43sGPA, July 2 MCAT

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by chawk2006, May 16, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. chawk2006

chawk2006

May 16, 2014
    This is my first post on SDN and thank you for reading and offering any thoughts or suggestions you might have. I am a 30-year old, non-traditional who just finished a year of pre-requisites. After a very low 3's GPA in college I was able to finish this past year with a 4.0 in 32 hours of science classes to raise my GPA (and hopefully show myself as a new student). With that being said I was curious on your thoughts of my chances, I do plan to apply to MD as well as DO even though I know the chances are very slim I want to give it a shot and would love suggestions for both types of schools. I am hoping to stay in the midwest but am not opposed to moving. I also have years of pharma/med sales to go along with about 100 hours of shadowing. Thanks guys!

List so far:

University of Kansas (MD) - local
    University of Missouri (MD) - local
    KCUMB - local
    ATSU - KCOM
    OSU - COM
    DMU - COM
    MWU/CCOM
    RVUCOM
    UP - KYCOM
    LECOM
    PCOM
    UNTHSC/TCOM
    Rowan SOM

Would love some MD suggestions even though I know it's a stretch

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Beth_W737

Beth_W737 Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Add Rowan SOM. a lot depends on your MCAT.

4. csx

csx 2+ Year Member

May 8, 2013
    any community service?
    Leadership?
    research?

5. chawk2006

chawk2006

May 16, 2014
    Unfortunately no, doing all my pre-reqs in the last year along with working and some shadowing was all I really had time for

6. Goro

Goro Probationary Status 5+ Year Member

Stick witht hat list and do well on MCAT. Add MUCOM and CCOM, maybe TCMC and Netter.

List so far:

University of Kansas (MD) - local
    University of Missouri (MD) - local
    KCUMB - local
    ATSU - KCOM
    OSU - COM
    DMU - COM
    MWU/CCOM
    RVUCOM
    UP - KYCOM
    LECOM
    PCOM