MD & DO 3.26cGPA, 3.43sGPA, July 2 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chawk2006

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first post on SDN and thank you for reading and offering any thoughts or suggestions you might have. I am a 30-year old, non-traditional who just finished a year of pre-requisites. After a very low 3's GPA in college I was able to finish this past year with a 4.0 in 32 hours of science classes to raise my GPA (and hopefully show myself as a new student). With that being said I was curious on your thoughts of my chances, I do plan to apply to MD as well as DO even though I know the chances are very slim I want to give it a shot and would love suggestions for both types of schools. I am hoping to stay in the midwest but am not opposed to moving. I also have years of pharma/med sales to go along with about 100 hours of shadowing. Thanks guys!

List so far:

University of Kansas (MD) - local
University of Missouri (MD) - local
KCUMB - local
ATSU - KCOM
OSU - COM
DMU - COM
MWU/CCOM
RVUCOM
UP - KYCOM
LECOM
PCOM
UNTHSC/TCOM
Rowan SOM

Would love some MD suggestions even though I know it's a stretch

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
any community service?
Leadership?
research?

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately no, doing all my pre-reqs in the last year along with working and some shadowing was all I really had time for

Stick witht hat list and do well on MCAT. Add MUCOM and CCOM, maybe TCMC and Netter.

List so far:

University of Kansas (MD) - local
University of Missouri (MD) - local
KCUMB - local
ATSU - KCOM
OSU - COM
DMU - COM
MWU/CCOM
RVUCOM
UP - KYCOM
LECOM
PCOM