Action Bronson

Ill with the Phonics
2+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
34year old WM. Florida resident.

Original Degree (Finance) 3.00 GPA (yes exactly)
DIY postbac 3.82 (ALL prereqs and BPCM) over last 2 years while still working full time.

AMCAS GPAs in title. 3.34/3.79 for AACOMAS.
516 MCAT (only one) 129:127:130:130

10 years post college work experience, about half in supervisor role.
330 hours volunteering in the ERs of two local hospitals.
200 hours volunteering at a nursing home (non clinical just kickin it with the old folks).
No shadowing yet will take care of before next cycle.
No Research!!!

Planning to apply to all Florida publics, maybe Miami, and 6-9 DO schools.
I'm looking to add 4-5 more high yield MD schools that would be a good fit for me.

Any input would be appreciated.

GrapesofRath

2+ Year Member
May 5, 2015
Status
Non-Student
You have a fairly reasonable shot at your state schools.
If you want OOS schools, go through MSAR and find OOS friendly schools that get <11k apps with an MCAT median around 33-34(ie Tulane, Cincinnati, Dartmouth etc).
I wouldn't make half my list DO here personally, I'd swap a number of those DO with MD

You recommend this often. May I ask why? Someone's gotta get into those schools right?
The generic lower tiers that get >11k apps are not the ones most likely to interview someone with an MCAT here that hovers around their 90th percentile. That's all the purpose of a good list is, identifying schools most likely to interview you. Reaches honestly are often better choices than those.

Last edited:

starspells

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Go through MSAR and find OOS friendly schools that get <11k apps with an MCAT median around 33-34 if you want to add more.
You recommend this often. May I ask why? Someone's gotta get into those schools right?