3.2cgpa ORM CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed0516

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning on applying to med school this cycle and was hoping to get some feedback on my chances of getting into a DO school. I am 28 non tradwith a 3.2cgpa and 3.1 science gpa. I have an upward trend with a 3.65 in my last 45 units.

I am scheduled to take the MCAT 7/31 and recently Scored 505 Altius 1, 505 AAMC FL 1,
508 AAMC sample in that order.

-I have 60 hours shadowing a DO
- 400 hours as Emergency medical scribe
- 250 volunteer hours at kaiser and hospice
-worked over 6000 hours throughout college in a non medical profession.

I plan to apply broadly to 25+ DO schools

Members don't see this ad.

i know some DO schools screen out applicants w/ a sGPA lower than a 3.25.
look through the DO programs & their websites to see which schools have strict cut-offs!

you clearly have clinical experience/volunteering so that's good.
however, you will definitely need non-clinical volunteering and community service experience.

i know some DO schools screen out applicants w/ a sGPA lower than a 3.25.
look through the DO programs & their websites to see which schools have strict cut-offs!

you clearly have clinical experience/volunteering so that's good.
however, you will definitely need non-clinical volunteering and community service experience.

I also have around 30 hours coaching a youth soccer team over two years. If that helps, do you think with the schools that don’t have auto screen I may have a shot?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have around 30 hours coaching a youth soccer team over two years. If that helps, do you think with the schools that don’t have auto screen I may have a shot?
i may not be the best person to give advice since i am currently applying, but from the research I've done & what I've seen on SDN, i don't think that'll be enough. DO schools (honestly, most schools in general, regardless of MD or DO) heavily emphasize non-clinical volunteering/community service—specifically working w/ medically underserved communities.

i suggest you start looking for some sort of community service. i know it'll be difficult considering the circumstances, but it's better than having to repeat a cycle due to something you could've controlled.

i'm sure someone more experienced than me can weigh in on this & offer better insight.

best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user