3.3 cGPA, 3.83 sGPA, 502 MCAT Asian CA Resident: What DO Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

didi1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Graduated UC with 3.3 GPA. I majored in Computer science, and decided to become a doctor during my senior year.
I'm currently in a UC post-bac program and received all As except one B in gen Bio II.
I'm CA resident, Korean ethnicity.

Stat:
- 90 hours of hospital volunteering (Planning to do more after COVID)
- No research experience, or MD or DO shadowing yet
- Currently in the U.S. military (4 years now) been deployed several times.
- 10 years of environmental volunteering with this organization.

I think I can raise my cGPA to 3.5 by taking more science courses, but it will take about 1.5 years since I have so many undergrad credits. Also, I don't have the money to do it anymore. Is it worth it??

What are my chances for U.S. DO schools? I don't care MD or DO, I want to be a doctor and become a physician or emergency doctor.
I don't plan on applying to MD schools.

Members don't see this ad.

First off, many thanks for your service to our country!

I suggest any DO program, except the Touros, AZCOM and CCOM, for whom your MCAT is too low. PCOM might be iffy. Include UNECOM if you’re from the NE, OSUCOM if you’re from the Plains states and PacNW if you’re from that region. I can't recommend Nova, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Also shou
First off, many thanks for your service to our country!

I suggest any DO program, except the Touros, AZCOM and CCOM, for whom your MCAT is too low. PCOM might be iffy. Include UNECOM if you’re from the NE, OSUCOM if you’re from the Plains states and PacNW if you’re from that region. I can't recommend Nova, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Thank you so much!! this gives me hopes and informations :)