DO 3.3 GPA 502 MCAT I need your advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rayeray

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So im really nervous about this, but please give me feedback. My GPA is dented due to my first 2 years where i was a immature scum :). I am a canadian, and as much research as i did, i would like some opinions. In May i will be applying to DO (literally the first day), and i will be doing the MCAT again in July. My question is, should i retake some courses during the fall of next year, or it wouldnt matter. P.s I notice the american applications have race as a heading, where would you put a Middle eastern, indian male?. Thanks so much in advance.

Year in school: 5th year (Extra year)

Country/state of residence: Canada / Ontario

Schools to which you are applying: TouroCOM-Harlem, NYITCOM, MSUCOM, CCOM (any other suggestions? Carribean? Ireland?)

Cumulative GPA: 3.31 (My last 2 years were 3.92 and 3.94)

Science GPA: 3.1 (4.0 sGPA 4th and 5th year)

MCAT Scores: 502 (will be redoing it in july) (125,124,125,127)

Research – Research Assistant for 3 years (around 250 hours)

Volunteering (clinical) – include hours/sites: over 500 hours of volunteering (Emergency triage, gift shop, diabetic clinic, elders life progrma dealing with delerium, ambassador at a hospital)

Physician shadowing – include hours/specialties: Volunteered 15 hours emergency doctor, 10 hours family doctor. Extracurricular activities: Trip leader for non profit organization, vice president of fraternity, internship for non profit organization, created a group on campus for fundraising pregnancy in Africa, led 3 gift of life drives.

Employment history: research assistant for 3 years, tutoring for 4 years.

Immediate family members in medicine? (y/n): Nope

Specialty of interest: Family Medicine

Graduate degrees: no

Interest in rural health (y/n): no

Members don't see this ad.

You need to check with every DO school and see which ones accept applications from Canadians. Apply to all those. You could receive interviews at some of the newer schools with your stats

You need to check with every DO school and see which ones accept applications from Canadians. Apply to all those. You could receive interviews at some of the newer schools with your stats
Thanks !
I know there are 6-7 schools that are candian friendly.
What would my race be on the app if I am a mixed race?