DO 3.34 sgpa 3.47 cgpa mcat 503

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rachie615

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if any one can give me a little insight if I'm going the right direction with my application. I'm working on secondaries right now and have heard back from the 12 schools I submitted primaries to.
They are:
Western
West Virginia
New York
Philadelphia
LECOM
Touro Ca
Chicago and Arizona Midwestern
Ohio
Pikeville
Kirksville
Nova Southeastern

Now I'm aware that a few of the schools in the list are top tier. I'm just wondering if I'm setting myself up for failure with this list. Should I be applying to lower/mid tier schools with my stats. I'm from a rural town in Indiana (less than 2000 people) I spent a year living and teaching in Japan. And currently work part time at a library. I have 1000+ hours of research and 300+ hour of volunteering. I'm a licensed EMT B. I have a BA in Japanese and BS in Biology.
I've taken the MCAT 3 times, but my first two were about 3 years ago and I don't know if they're still usable. The first one was (7,11,8) 27 The second one was (8,11,9) 28 and the most recent one in April I received (123,129, 124, 127) for a 503 total. That 123 really worries me.

Members don't see this ad.

That 3rd MCAT score is about a 27 on the old scale, so you haven't shown much improvement with that retake. IDK how that is going to affect you, especially given the 123 in P/C, which is between a 6 and 7 on the old scale. The 124 in B/B isn't great either. Hmmm, let's see what @Goro thinks.

Members don't see this ad :)
That 3rd MCAT score is about a 27 on the old scale, so you haven't shown much improvement with that retake. IDK how that is going to affect you, especially given the 123 in P/C, which is between a 6 and 7 on the old scale. The 124 in B/B isn't great either. Hmmm, let's see what @Goro thinks.

I originally wasn't planning to retake, but my first two set of scores are from 2012 and it appeared that many schools wouldn't accept scores that were 3 years old.

Add a few more schools such as:
ACOM
BCOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
MU-COM

Thanks for the input. I wanted to apply to Marion, but don't have the biochem prereq. I will look into the others. I appreciate the help. :)

Your judgment may be called into question with multiple MCATs.

But overall you're fine.

Add MUCOM to the list, LMU, Western-OR and KCUMB

Hi just wondering if any one can give me a little insight if I'm going the right direction with my application. I'm working on secondaries right now and have heard back from the 12 schools I submitted primaries to.
They are:
Western
West Virginia
New York
Philadelphia
LECOM
Touro Ca
Chicago and Arizona Midwestern
Ohio
Pikeville
Kirksville
Nova Southeastern

Now I'm aware that a few of the schools in the list are top tier. I'm just wondering if I'm setting myself up for failure with this list. Should I be applying to lower/mid tier schools with my stats. I'm from a rural town in Indiana (less than 2000 people) I spent a year living and teaching in Japan. And currently work part time at a library. I have 1000+ hours of research and 300+ hour of volunteering. I'm a licensed EMT B. I have a BA in Japanese and BS in Biology.
I've taken the MCAT 3 times, but my first two were about 3 years ago and I don't know if they're still usable. The first one was (7,11,8) 27 The second one was (8,11,9) 28 and the most recent one in April I received (123,129, 124, 127) for a 503 total. That 123 really worries me.

If you're from Indiana, why isn't that on your list?