3.35 GPA with High DAT (24AA, 23TS) - is my school list realistic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothyboi1996

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: August 15th
Overall GPA: 3.35
Science GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
24 AA, 23 TS, 25 BIO, 24 OC, 30 RC, 21 GC, 21 PA, 21 QR
State of Residence: California

Shadowing Experience:
200+ hours in 2 dental clinics
Volunteering Experience: ~ 600 hours
Employment: 7,000+ (dental, hospital, freelance, retail, etc)
Research: 300 hours, no publications
Other Extracurriculars: lots of leadership and extracurricular activities
LOR type and strength: 2 science (decent / strong), 1 dentist (strong), 1 mentor (strong)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere:
strong upward trend due to academic difficulty
School list:
UCSF, UCLA, Western U, UoP, Roseman, Case Western, Creighton, Marquette, Touro, Tufts, Rutgers, Temple (primarily looking for input about the California schools; I've already received an interview from Western but I'm curious about the rest).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: August 15th
Overall GPA: 3.35
Science GPA: 3.15
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 24 AA, 23 TS, 25 BIO, 24 OC, 30 RC, 21 GC, 21 PA, 21 QR
State of Residence: California

Shadowing Experience:
200+ hours in 2 dental clinics
Volunteering Experience: ~ 600 hours
Employment: 7,000+ (dental, hospital, freelance, retail, etc)
Research: 300 hours, no publications
Other Extracurriculars: lots of leadership and extracurricular activities
LOR type and strength: 2 science (decent / strong), 1 dentist (strong), 1 mentor (strong)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: strong upward trend due to academic difficulty
School list: UCSF, UCLA, Western U, UoP, Roseman, Case Western, Creighton, Marquette, Touro, Tufts, Rutgers, Temple (primarily looking for input about the California schools; I've already received an interview from Western but I'm curious about the rest).

Thanks!
great dat score, uop loves high dats, but your gpa may be an issue
congrats on the western interview
i would've recommended applying to more schools in august, this late in the cycle it's up to you...

great dat score, uop loves high dats, but your gpa may be an issue
congrats on the western interview
i would've recommended applying to more schools in august, this late in the cycle it's up to you...
thanks! I wasn't planning on applying to any more, just curious about where I stand with my current list

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar Stats, See results below

Reactions: 1 user
Did you retake your DAT to go from a 23AA/21TS to a 24AA/23TS?
And what did your BCP GPA end up being?
No, my previous post was with my "goal" stats / stats I believed I was capable of making. I've only taken the DAT once. BCP is 2.99

No, my previous post was with my "goal" stats / stats I believed I was capable of making. I've only taken the DAT once. BCP is 2.99

so you previously posted a WAMC thread with made up stats, then left out a below 3.0 BCP
is there anything else you are leaving out or posted as hypothetical in this thread?

so you previously posted a WAMC thread with made up stats, then left out a below 3.0 BCP
is there anything else you are leaving out or posted as hypothetical in this thread?
is that against the rules? if so I apologise, I didn't think it would be. this post is accurate otherwise. sorry for any confusion.

is that against the rules? if so I apologise, I didn't think it would be. this post is accurate otherwise. sorry for any confusion.

it's not against the rules, but people (including me) responded as if they were actual stats
you could've just been truthful...

it's not against the rules, but people (including me) responded as if they were actual stats
my rationale was that asking hypotheticals might be against the rules. didn't mean to waste your time, the responses were indeed helpful.

Did you retake your DAT to go from a 23AA/21TS to a 24AA/23TS?
And what did your BCP GPA end up being?
Okay I'm not sure what I was looking at before but my BCP GPA is actually 3.06 (3.09 without +/-) according to my AADSAS application, not 2.99.
So 3.35 oGPA (3.39 without +/-), 3.15 sGPA (3.20 without +/-), 3.06 BCP (3.09 without +/-), and 24 AA 23 TS DAT. I got rejected from UCSF two days ago (super bummed about that) so I'm hoping for either Western or UoP to stay in CA. I read on a different thread that UoP takes special interest in the final 2 years of coursework, which for me had a strong upward trend:

- Freshman: 2.73
- Sophomore: 2.89
- Junior: 3.40
- Senior: 3.72

Is there any truth to this as far as you're aware?
Thank you in advance, and sorry again for the chaotic info.

Okay I'm not sure what I was looking at before but my BCP GPA is actually 3.06 (3.09 without +/-) according to my AADSAS application, not 2.99.
So 3.35 oGPA (3.39 without +/-), 3.15 sGPA (3.20 without +/-), 3.06 BCP (3.09 without +/-), and 24 AA 23 TS DAT. I got rejected from UCSF two days ago (super bummed about that) so I'm hoping for either Western or UoP to stay in CA. I read on a different thread that UoP takes special interest in the final 2 years of coursework, which for me had a strong upward trend:

- Freshman: 2.73
- Sophomore: 2.89
- Junior: 3.40
- Senior: 3.72

Is there any truth to this as far as you're aware?
Thank you in advance, and sorry again for the chaotic info.

UOP looks at the overall gpa, but i believe what you said about the final two years is also true
i know for sure that they LOVE high DAT scores, so that is one in your favor
your gpa is low for UCLA and UCSF, not impossible, sorry to say it's not a surprise that you got rejected by UCSF