3.35 gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayhawker1193

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am currently in the transition from changing from pre-pharmacy to a Biology major. After working in a pharmacy, I decided it was not for me. So here is my story. I am currently a Sophomore at The University of Kansas. I am transferring to Wichita State University for my last two years of undergraduate studies after this year. I am a pretty laid back guy that is really social with people(which is why pharmacy was not for me; THEY NEVER COUNSEL). I had a tough transition my first semester of college from a tiny high school to a huge college, which is why my GPA is low. I was just wondering how good of chances would a 3.35 GPA, a decent MCAT, and a very outgoing guy be at getting into a DO school (looking to apply to around 20 schools). Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am currently in the transition from changing from pre-pharmacy to a Biology major. After working in a pharmacy, I decided it was not for me. So here is my story. I am currently a Sophomore at The University of Kansas. I am transferring to Wichita State University for my last two years of undergraduate studies after this year. I am a pretty laid back guy that is really social with people(which is why pharmacy was not for me; THEY NEVER COUNSEL). I had a tough transition my first semester of college from a tiny high school to a huge college, which is why my GPA is low. I was just wondering how good of chances would a 3.35 GPA, a decent MCAT, and a very outgoing guy be at getting into a DO school (looking to apply to around 20 schools). Thanks! :)

Start doing some volunteer activities in a clinical setting and also shadow a DO. If you do that and all of the other things you mentioned above, I see no reason why you should have a successful application.

OH, also apply EARLY.

You're a sophomore. Which means you can pull four semesters of high 3s to 4.0s. Your GPA will be more than fine if you do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am guessing you ladies and gents are bio majors, so my question is, do you think the coursework gets harder or easier to get higher grades. It has to get more interesting than BIO 1&2. Don't they call those weed out classes?

I am guessing you ladies and gents are bio majors, so my question is, do you think the coursework gets harder or easier to get higher grades. It has to get more interesting than BIO 1&2. Don't they call those weed out classes?

The biggest mistake I ever made in school was believing people that told me classes got easier after sophmore year. Don't slack off. Always seek to do better. It definitely gets more interesting though.

Oh i definitely wasn't suggesting that I was going to stop trying by any means lol. I just want it to be more interesting and more relating to my future occupation i guess.