DO 3.36 cpa 3.07 science gpa D.O. 3.167 science gpa AAMAC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent1023

Reaction score
what are my chances and any advise to increase my chances, I have yet to take my mcat and I am wondering if there is any chance I can get into a US DO program?

I have some shadowing hours as well as volunteer hours(clinical and non-clinical)

Not a URM student

Members don't see this ad.

it's possible since many DO schools screen out at 3.0 and you are over that, however, your best bed will be newer schools. But there is a lot more to your application. what are your MCAT and ECs will be a big deciding factor.

Also, what do you mean by DO science GPA? DO schools do not support grade replacement any more.

it's possible since many DO schools screen out at 3.0 and you are over that, however, your best bed will be newer schools. But there is a lot more to your application. what are your MCAT and ECs will be a big deciding factor.

Also, what do you mean by DO science GPA? DO schools do not support grade replacement any more.
DO doesn’t include Math grades in the sGPA so it’s usually different from the MD sGPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have similar GPAs to you OP, with a 513 MCAT.
So far sitting on 1 state MD II, and 5 holds (4 DO, 1 state MD). I have yet to hear from my own state DO schools.

Definitely study hard for the MCAT. CUSOM and VCOM will hard screen any sGPA below a 3.2, and KCUCOM will let you through if your MCAT is relatively high. Try to apply early as possible if you can (my secondaries were all done between mid-August and early September).

You should receive DO interviews if your MCAT is at least 500. Post your actual score here in the future and I can suggest schools based on your score.

It is definitely possible. I have a slightly lower cGPA and a similar sGPA, did a SMP (3.5 at the time of application), and have one (unrelated to SMP) acceptance right now. Granted, you don't have a SMP but my grad GPA isn't stellar and I am an international student (though the school officially holds all applicants to the same caliber so I don't know how much that affects the situation). So I would say with a good MCAT you can make it.

Thank you so there is a chance for getting into a do school still? I also have some shadowing hours which are tougher to obtain due to the pandemic as well as I have some volunteering hours about 20+ but I am in hopes of completing more. No research done.