3.36 sGPA 3.46 cGPA 29 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LF90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My stats are in the subject line. First off i do not have any strong LORs or ECs. I have a semester of d and f grades from freshman year that i have replaced with a and b grades. My first MCAT last year was a 25. For the past year I have been working in an assisted living facility dispensing medications and communicating the health status of the elderly residents to their family members and medical professionals. I just want to know what my chances are at D.O. schools and where I should apply to?
Thanks for any help you guys have

Members don't see this ad.

Overall I think pretty good. Have you shadowed? If you can find a DO, it will only help. Apply broadly and you'll be fine.

My stats are in the subject line. First off i do not have any strong LORs or ECs. I have a semester of d and f grades from freshman year that i have replaced with a and b grades. My first MCAT last year was a 25. For the past year I have been working in an assisted living facility dispensing medications and communicating the health status of the elderly residents to their family members and medical professionals. I just want to know what my chances are at D.O. schools and where I should apply to?
Thanks for any help you guys have

you are looking fine. Apply to about 10-15 schools but exclude CCOM.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input I really appreciate it and I have an md plastic surgeon who is willing to let me shadow him but would a d.o. be better since they are on different ends of the spectrum?

Why exclude CCOM? Isn't their average mcat 28?

That average might be a bit old now. I'm thinking they are getting closer to 30.

A few of my friends with borderline DO/MD stats were rejected.

I just got a PM from someone that s/he got accepted to CCOM w/ 37 MCAT. I think they have plans of matriculating there.

Quite a few of the people I've seen get accepted to CCOM are also accepted at lower tier MD schools but want to stay in IL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
That average might be a bit old now. I'm thinking they are getting closer to 30.

A few of my friends with borderline DO/MD stats were rejected.

I just got a PM from someone that s/he got accepted to CCOM w/ 37 MCAT. I think they have plans of matriculating there.

Quite a few of the people I've seen get accepted to CCOM are also accepted at lower tier MD schools but want to stay in IL.

Oh okay. So it seems like CCOM is probably the toughest DO school to get into. I'm surprised that your friends with borderline MD numbers did not get in. By borderline, do you mean around 3.5/31?

Reactions: 1 user
Oh okay. So it seems like CCOM is probably the toughest DO school to get into. I'm surprised that your friends with borderline MD numbers did not get in. By borderline, do you mean around 3.5/31?

Around 3.6/30.

Then again, my friends are like SDN. They were not a good representation of the entire applicant pool.

Some of them had pretty insane ECs and leadership positions.

We can talk about specific through PM if you want.

Last edited: