3.39 cGPA/3.56 sGPA/518 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junebug16

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated with a bio degree from a midwestern state school last semester. MCAT score is 518, which I believe is 97th %tile or something therabouts? I don't have the split in front of me because I'm on my phone, but it was balanced, so nothing weird there.

GPA trend went from a 2.92 after the end of sophomore year to a 4.0 junior/senior in all upper div science classes, hence the weird GPA setup.

Nonclinical ECs:
-Volunteer at animal shelter, 160 hrs over 3 years. Help with animal care, adoption events, fundraising, etc.
-Volunteer firefighter/EMT (I'm splitting this half nonclin half clin due to the dual nature of it), ~900 hrs over 2 years
-Part time job in material services, ~300 hrs over a year and a half
-Raised/trained guide dogs, 100 hrs
-Triathlon club at my school and I compete 2 or 3 times a year! Made it to college nationals senior year

Clinical ECs:
-Mobile clinic for underserved populations, 100 hrs over 3 years
-Volunteer EMT w/ fire dept, ~600 hrs

Shadowing:
-About 100 hrs total in cardiology, peds, surgery, ortho, ophtho, rads, EM, family med and PM&R

Research:
-2 years, approx. 1100 hrs in a psych/child development lab. 2 posters, no pubs :/

I'm a CA resident, female, could claim URM (Maternal grandma is Mexican) but I look pretty white (blonde hair, blue eyes) and feel that would be sus if they ended up looking at me for that so would rather not if possible. I'm planning on applying next cycle to all CA state schools including Riverside as I'm from the area, as well as all CA DO schools because I'd like to stay here. Additionally applying to all western/mountain region (out to CO) MD and probably DOs. Any other schools anyone would suggest?

I'll be working as an EMT as well as a waitress until I get in somewhere!

Members don't see this ad.

You could receive interviews at these schools:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Albany
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
GW
Oakland Beaumont