3.4 Science/3.7 college. 505 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

La_forlife

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are competitive for all DO schools so apply to at least 6 and you should receive interviews.
You could receive interviews at some MD schools and I suggest these:
Loma Linda
California University
Kaiser
UC Davis
UC Irvine
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
George Washington
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Creighton
In the coming year work on increasing your sGPA and cGPA.

Reactions: 1 user
You are competitive for all DO schools so apply to at least 6 and you should receive interviews.
You could receive interviews at some MD schools and I suggest these:
Loma Linda
California University
Kaiser
UC Davis
UC Irvine
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
George Washington
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Creighton
In the coming year work on increasing your sGPA and cGPA.
Thanks. How do you recommend I improve my sGPA and cGPA? They won’t budge much since I have so many units. My last 2 quarters I got a 4.0 and it only changed by .07

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. How do you recommend I improve my sGPA and cGPA? They won’t budge much since I have so many units. My last 2 quarters I got a 4.0 and it only changed by .07
You can’t. Only thing left to do now is continue acing your classes, and perhaps raise your GPA by .02 points. Adcoms (esp at my school), love to see strong upward trends. Just make sure to apply broadly, and you should be fine

Reactions: 1 user
You can’t. Only thing left to do now is continue acing your classes, and perhaps raise your GPA by .02 points. Adcoms (esp at my school), love to see strong upward trends. Just make sure to apply broadly, and you should be fine
Thanks. Do you think it’s smart I apply broadly now? Or take more time to do a SMP or post bacc to become more competitive?

Are all of your "shadowing" hours just passive shadowing? Or were you doing something more than standing and watching? Could you reclassify some of them as volunteering? That is a lot of shadowing...when only around 50 hours is necessary...versus no volunteering.

Thanks. Do you think it’s smart I apply broadly now? Or take more time to do a SMP or post bacc to become more competitive?
I’m not really the proper person to give you advise on your competitiveness. But I think you should be fine if you shadow a primary care DO doc for just 20 hours

Pharmacy I straight up just stood there and shadowed. The rest you could consider volunteering. I just did bitch work though. Like cleaning tables, restocking, getting ice, etc.