1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

3.4 science gpa, what score should I at least get on DAT?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by ha418, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ha418

Pre-Dental
    Hi SDN
    So im taking my DAT in FIVE DAYS
    Im really freaking out right about now
    Ive been scoring >20 on my bootcamp tests
    just did the 2007 ada test today and got a 20 for TS :(
    Im really scared that my science gpa is too low and I need to score really high on my DAT to compensate
    What do you think I should at least score on the DAT to help my application?
    Thanks!!

htorres89 likes this.
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cacajuate

5+ Year Member

Study as hard as you can and don't worry about what you need to score.

You try your hardest and the score will come.

4. byahnoob

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

DDS-King likes this.
  5. MRZ8

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    >20 on bootcamp is fantastic. Feel confident and don't give up. I have the same science GPA, which is not low at all. Based on your practice scores, your prospects on the DAT look great.

ha418 likes this.
  6. ha418

Pre-Dental
    Thanks! I really hope so since I've heard bc is a little harder
    I'm gonna take the 2009 today and I think that'll be the determining factor on whether or not I should postpone

7. Scarlet Knight

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yes, the 2009 exam is probably the best at predicting how you will do on the actual exam, but based on what you mentioned earlier with your bootcamp scores, I don't think you will really need to postpone. Your GPA is not low where you need to overcompensate on the DAT -- I would just focus on doing your best, and assuming that's what you've been doing in your preparation so far, you're going to do great. I wish all of my bootcamp scores were 20+, and even though they weren't, I still pulled out 23's on both chem sections (which just goes to show that learning the material and avoiding the same mistakes is more beneficial than the score it gives you at the end). You're going to do great and as long as you feel like you're ready to get this test done and you've prepared just about as much as you think you could have, you're going to be ready to go. Best of luck!

8. ha418

Pre-Dental
    That makes me feel 10000x better! I really hope so! I just finished a few sections in the 2009 and got a 23 PAT and 20 TS
    so I'm really hopefull now, plan on just continuing practice and reviewing destroyer solutions
    Definitely don't plan on postponing now :D