3.4 science gpa, what score should I at least get on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ha418

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN
So im taking my DAT in FIVE DAYS
Im really freaking out right about now
Ive been scoring >20 on my bootcamp tests
just did the 2007 ada test today and got a 20 for TS :(
Im really scared that my science gpa is too low and I need to score really high on my DAT to compensate
What do you think I should at least score on the DAT to help my application?
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Study as hard as you can and don't worry about what you need to score.

You try your hardest and the score will come.

Reactions: 2 users
>20 on bootcamp is fantastic. Feel confident and don't give up. I have the same science GPA, which is not low at all. Based on your practice scores, your prospects on the DAT look great.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I really hope so since I've heard bc is a little harder
I'm gonna take the 2009 today and I think that'll be the determining factor on whether or not I should postpone

Thanks! I really hope so since I've heard bc is a little harder
I'm gonna take the 2009 today and I think that'll be the determining factor on whether or not I should postpone

Yes, the 2009 exam is probably the best at predicting how you will do on the actual exam, but based on what you mentioned earlier with your bootcamp scores, I don't think you will really need to postpone. Your GPA is not low where you need to overcompensate on the DAT -- I would just focus on doing your best, and assuming that's what you've been doing in your preparation so far, you're going to do great. I wish all of my bootcamp scores were 20+, and even though they weren't, I still pulled out 23's on both chem sections (which just goes to show that learning the material and avoiding the same mistakes is more beneficial than the score it gives you at the end). You're going to do great and as long as you feel like you're ready to get this test done and you've prepared just about as much as you think you could have, you're going to be ready to go. Best of luck!

Yes, the 2009 exam is probably the best at predicting how you will do on the actual exam, but based on what you mentioned earlier with your bootcamp scores, I don't think you will really need to postpone. Your GPA is not low where you need to overcompensate on the DAT -- I would just focus on doing your best, and assuming that's what you've been doing in your preparation so far, you're going to do great. I wish all of my bootcamp scores were 20+, and even though they weren't, I still pulled out 23's on both chem sections (which just goes to show that learning the material and avoiding the same mistakes is more beneficial than the score it gives you at the end). You're going to do great and as long as you feel like you're ready to get this test done and you've prepared just about as much as you think you could have, you're going to be ready to go. Best of luck!

That makes me feel 10000x better! I really hope so! I just finished a few sections in the 2009 and got a 23 PAT and 20 TS
so I'm really hopefull now, plan on just continuing practice and reviewing destroyer solutions
Definitely don't plan on postponing now :D