3.414 cGPA, 3.35sGPA, What should I Do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FindingNismo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
edited

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The MCAT is a critical component of your application. With a high MCAT score (maybe 34+) you would probably be in contention at several schools.

I think with your current grades, you may have a shot at a handful of MD schools, including your state school (UConn) and a some others around the country (Drexel, Rosalind Franklin, Tulane) etc.

Your grades are likely fine for DO schools. If you are really adamant about going to an MD program, an SMP is definitely worth considering. SMP's are hard, they are risky, and they are expensive. But if you do well in them, they are extremely rewarding and usually make you a very competitive applicant. If you do an SMP and do well, it will really offset much of the undergrad GPA concerns for adcoms. Doing an SMP will possibly improve your chances of going to a medical school that you want to go to. If you apply now (assuming good MCAT) you could land an MD acceptance (very likely a DO acceptance if you were interested in that). But good SMP work would really improve your chances.

I would also consider doing a regular post-baccalaureate program. These post-bacc programs are usually less risky and more affordable.