3.45 cGPA & 3.2 sGPA from UCLA and 25Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAbruins2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a Physiological Science major at UCLA and about to graduate with a 3.45 cGPA and a 3.2 sGPA (25Q MCAT score). I'm applying to basically every osteopathic medical school BUT I'm a little nervous about these stats not being good enough...but here are my extracurriculars:

1) member of UCLA Masters Swim Team (4 yrs)
2) co-founder and president of pre-SOMA (1 yr)
3) clinical assistant volunteer at a non-profit clinic (1 yr)
4) Lab assistant in research lab at UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine (3 yrs)
5) co-author of 2 papers that have been submitted for publication in science journals (3 yrs)
6) shadowing a D.O. experience (6 mo.)
7) Mentor for middle school children through a program at UCLA (1 yr)
8) Will be employed by the D.O. for my year off before medical school (1 yr)

The thing that worries me right now is that I currently have 3 C's in science courses AND I'm most likely going to get another C for my VERY LAST CLASS before I graduate... :/ I know this is pretty bad because you're supposed to show improvement, but is it likely that they can overlook that? I think I'm trying to calm myself down here, but any opinions on this matter??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm a Physiological Science major at UCLA and about to graduate with a 3.45 cGPA and a 3.2 sGPA (25Q MCAT score). I'm applying to basically every osteopathic medical school BUT I'm a little nervous about these stats not being good enough...but here are my extracurriculars:

1) member of UCLA Masters Swim Team (4 yrs)
2) co-founder and president of pre-SOMA (1 yr)
3) clinical assistant volunteer at a non-profit clinic (1 yr)
4) Lab assistant in research lab at UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine (3 yrs)
5) co-author of 2 papers that have been submitted for publication in science journals (3 yrs)
6) shadowing a D.O. experience (6 mo.)
7) Mentor for middle school children through a program at UCLA (1 yr)
8) Will be employed by the D.O. for my year off before medical school (1 yr)

The thing that worries me right now is that I currently have 3 C's in science courses AND I'm most likely going to get another C for my VERY LAST CLASS before I graduate... :/ I know this is pretty bad because you're supposed to show improvement, but is it likely that they can overlook that? I think I'm trying to calm myself down here, but any opinions on this matter??

Thanks!

You have an overall cGPA that is around what DO schools like to see. Unless you failed, the courses you got Cs in are not probably going to matter.

I'm just worried that 3/4 of those C's will be from the courses in my major :(.