3.45 gpa, 508 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golgi body

MS1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.45 gpa,
508 MCAT: 127/122/128/131
Average ECs
Substantial research experience

I'm really worried about that CARS score and getting screened out. I've already scheduled for an August test date. However, AMCAS should have my app verified soon, as I submitted a couple weeks ago. My main concern is whether I should withdraw my app or continue to add schools.

Any school suggestions where that cars score won't automatically cut me out?
Also, if I continue with my application, will the schools see my new MCAT (score would come out in September) instead of my 508? Or will I have to contact them about it? I'm afraid I'll be denied by most schools before my new MCAT score comes out.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

3.45 gpa,
508 MCAT: 127/122/128/131
Average ECs
Substantial research experience

I'm really worried about that CARS score and getting screened out. I've already scheduled for an August test date. However, AMCAS should have my app verified soon, as I submitted a couple weeks ago. My main concern is whether I should withdraw my app or continue to add schools.

Any school suggestions where that cars score won't automatically cut me out?
Also, if I continue with my application, will the schools see my new MCAT (score would come out in September) instead of my 508? Or will I have to contact them about it? I'm afraid I'll be denied by most schools before my new MCAT score comes out.

Thanks
Schools do not wait for your new score; you will get screened out based upon your first exam.

Chances are best with your state MD school and any DO school.

Thank you. Do you think it would be worth it to go ahead and start preparing for my August exam, or should I wait until after an unsuccessful cycle to prep and take the exam again?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll definitely get into DO, but jeez sounds like you really messed up the the CARS. What happened? Did you just not study?

I have no idea what happened. I scored 126 and 127 on aamc fl's cars sections. I've always been average at cars, but I never expected that bad of a score.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile