3.47 cGPA 3.3 BCPM 36R

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys, I posted here a while ago, but just got verified and had a higher BCPM than i expected (some classes were reclassified) and i just finished Orgo II this past summer giving me these stats:

36R, 3.3BCPM 3.47 cGPA

any opinions on if my chances are significantly different from before (3.43cGPA and 3.2BCPM)?

Thanks for the time guys

Members don't see this ad.

Your LizzyM score has gone up a bit, and that's always good. (See sticky at top of this forum if you have no idea what I'm talking about.) I've reviewed some of your back posts, and honestly, I feel some of the commentary on your chances was way too discouraging. Numbers-wise I think you'll be fine, if you don't aim for "overly-selective"-type schools (and you previously posted that you are not going to be picky about that). Of course, your ECs, interviewing style, and LORs can make or break you. Would you care to detail your ECs, etc. here? Have you submitted your primary yet? Will you continue to take classes this year to further improve your GPA?

Thanks for the quick reply Mobius,

In so far as ECs, i have about 600 volunteering hours, 200 Shadowing, participated in a medical mission, started an nonprofit student group thats raised a few thou for charities, and ij ust started doing research for my gap year.

I am still taking a few course (4 or 6 credits) of higher level bio this fall also. Primarys are in, one of my profs didnt ever give in the LOR and i cant track her down, so now im just waiting on a replacement letter which is all set, just has to be mailed out.

not trying to OD on the info, figured if i gave you as complete a picture as i can to see what the SDN community has to say haha

thanks

Everything you've detailed above makes me feel you will have a successful application cycle. Be sure an update letter tells about the research, if you didn't start it in time to include on the Primary. And get all As on the upper-level bio you're taking. (Put that in update letters too.) Good Luck.