3.48 cgpa 3.50sgpa 501 mcat WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigwals

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've always looked at the threads on here but never bothered to make an account until now! Lots of good resources here.

Reapplying this cycle after getting back all II's and an interview at KU (state of residence).
I'll be reapplying to KU and a few other MD schools, but mostly DO schools this time around.

Here are my stats:

Biology Major, Spanish Minor
cGPA 3.48 sGPA 3.50 (upward trend, 4.0 sr year) 501 MCAT (123Chem/phys, 126Bio, 125Psych/Soc, 127CARS)
27 Hrs Honors Credit
Fluent in Spanish, studied abroad in Spain
Worked PRN as a hospital CNA during college (approx. 300 hrs)
Worked as Homehealth aide (approx. 100 hrs)
Currently working full time at an Orthopaedic Center alongside 13 docs with varying specialties
Played club soccer all 4 years at uni
One of my rec letter writers is a well known alum of KU and works at the ortho center with me
80+ hours shadowing outside of work
Volunteer with big brothers big sisters for 2 years

Please let me know what you think my chances are, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would say your chances at MD are very slim. You have great EC's but the problem with your application is your MCAT. It simply is too low. All sections ideally should be 125+. For DO you'll want somewhere near a 505 and MD a 510+.

You have a chance for interviews at some DO schools so I suggest applying to all of these:

ACOM

ARCOM

BCOM

WCU-COM

LMU-DCOM

UP-KYCOM

WVSOM

UIWSOM

VCOM (all 3 schools)

NYIT-Arkansas

RVU-Utah

Idaho (new school)