3.48 cGPA (3.93 SMP)/519/RI/ORM. ooking to add schools to my list.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pufflefighter

Reaction score
Looking to add 10 or so schools to my list.

ORM
State - RI
GPA - 3.48 sGPA - 3.39 (strong upward trend)
SMP GPA - 3.93
MCAT - 519
Neuroscience Major

ECs
Ophthalmology Lab - Using machine learning to automatically assess glaucoma pathophysiology - 750 hrs
Online Math/Science Tutor - Volunteer tutor for underserved high schoolers - 200 hrs
Emergency Department Medical Scribe - 450 hrs
Neuro-ophthalmology Research Assistant (also includes shadowing) - Mentioned in a publication as a provider of technological contributions, but no traditional authorship - 500 hrs
3D Printing Research - Abstract publication (second author) and presentation at the society of interventional radiology - 450 hrs
Business Intern - Helped design and market a companion pet for elders suffering with dementia - 400 hrs
Physician Shadowing - Interventional radiology shadowing - 20 hrs
Fraternity Recruitment Chair
Skiing

Current School List
Albany
Einstein
BU
Hofstra
Emory
Quinnipiac
Dartmouth
Geisinger Commonwealth
Hackensack Meridian
NYMC
UVM
Thomas Jefferson
Brown
Tufts
USF
UMass
UMiami
Pitt
Rochester

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add any of these schools to your application:
Drexel
Temple
George Washington
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia

Brown takes a significant portion of the class from students in PLME (BA/MD) program and few from other programs in underserved area in the South. The other successful applicants have what appears to be a more well rounded list of activities (they still care about liberal arts and primary medicine in other applicants) than is apparent from your list. If you keep Brown on your list try to make clear in your application if you have experience in some primary clinical areas during your ED scribe work ( peds/ob/).

Brown takes a significant portion of the class from students in PLME (BA/MD) program and few from other programs in underserved area in the South. The other successful applicants have what appears to be a more well rounded list of activities (they still care about liberal arts and primary medicine in other applicants) than is apparent from your list. If you keep Brown on your list try to make clear in your application if you have experience in some primary clinical areas during your ED scribe work ( peds/ob/).
I have some ties to the school (where I published an abstract, took a pre-college course, and RI residence). Would that differentiate me? I definitely don’t have any compelling primary care ECs.