MD & DO 3.49c, 3.38s, 503

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glider95

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. [edit]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you have a fair shot! Let me know how it goes!

I have similar stats. 130/123/124/127/504
3.48 cGPA
600 hrs of scribe experience, 200 hrs free clinic volunteering
No research
Nc resident

I was actually thinking about giving up on this cycle because my cars section is so low. So, I'm pretty sure I'll be screened out.

Members don't see this ad :)
  1. cGPA 3.49, sGPA 3.38
  2. 503, 125/126/124/128
  3. CT Resident
  4. RPI (freshman year sGPA 3.0) & UCONN
  5. 4000+ Hours professonal clinical experience, high-volume 911 system as a paramedic
  6. Lead instructor for an EMT class of ~40 students 3 times a year.
  7. Research: none
  8. Shadowing experience: DO & MD, about 20 hours each.
  9. Volunteer FD officer (lieutenant)
MD: Netter, UConn, WCMC, Downstate, Icahn, Howard, NYMC, UVM, CMS
DO: NYIT, UNECOM, LECOM, PCOM, Nova, OU-HCOM (family ties to OU and Ohio)

Any evaluation would be appreciated. Thank you in-advance.
I would remove Icahn it is one of the most prestigious school in NYC and get top applicants from all over the country. I would remove Downstate because thats a state school and add Albany which is private and more receptive of out of state people. Do you have MSAR? aslo are u a URM if not I maybe would remove Howard ?

I would remove Icahn it is one of the most prestigious school in NYC and get top applicants from all over the country. I would remove Downstate because thats a state school and add Albany which is private and more receptive of out of state people. Do you have MSAR? aslo are u a URM if not I maybe would remove Howard ?

Thanks. Adding Albany. I do have MSAR, which is how I generated the majority of the list, however some were suggested by the physicians I shadowed and my committee. I appreciate you taking the time to help!