1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3.4GPA,18/18DAT, get into good dental school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Jabba, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Jabba

Jabba beezer

Hi, I have been out of school for 3 years. I have 3.4-3.5GPA, 18/18 DAT, and tons of volunteer and research experiences. I have co-author in 3 journals. Also, I have the great reccomendation from research professors! I am currently taking grad. courses in biology and have a 3.5GPA.

I want to get into a top research school, such as Harvard, UCSF, Columbia, and UPenn. Do you think I have a shot? Do you think I need to improve on my DAT?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Do you have a shot?!! Is Ray Charles blind? :) There's your answer! Of course you have a shot! Why do you doubt your credentials? I think you're a more than strong candidate, my friend. good luck!

P.S. I want to add that if you want Haarvaarhd, you might want to raise the DAT. For most other schools, you'd be a nice fit.

4. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire

Actually you do have agood chance. But I think your DAT scores are little on the low side for all of those schools mentioned (not just Harvard). Most of these schools have an avg. DAT of ~20 for their incoming classes.
    Harvard's GPA is about 3.6 but your GPA is in the range of most of the other schools.

But these are just numbers, what these schools are very interested in is research. And you seem to have very good research experiences behind you, so I would think that you have a very strong shot at all of those schools.