3.5 cGPA 3.2 sGPA URM Non-Trad WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peudamour

"[I pledge] my life to the service of humanity"
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just graduated with a B.A. in Spanish, currently doing post-Bacc work. I had a rough time my freshman year (a lot was going on in my life), but after a lot of work, I decided to be Pre-Med 1.5 years ago. I have done well in my most recent science courses. My stats:

cGPA 3.5 with upward trend--Freshman 3.1, Sophomore 3.3 Junior, 3.7 Senior 3.83
sGPA 3.2 with upward trend--Freshman 2.9, Junior 3.8 Senior 3.8 Post-Bacc 4.0 so far...

I have one year before I take the MCAT and apply=3 semesters in which it is possible to get to 3.45 sGPA and 3.6 cGPA.
Should I apply in one year, or give myself another year to raise my stats?

Other info to consider:
ECs -- Most Recent First
--Basic Science Research Experience--5 months--no publications yet, current
--Executive Board of an Student-led Organization affiliated with a prominent Children's Hospital--one year
--French Cinema Club Member--one year
--AMSA Member--one year
--Various Church-related volunteer work--over 1500 hours in the past 6 years
--Overseas Full-time Volunteer as a Teacher--2 years (similar to peace-corps, best experience of my life)
--Choral Music Experience for the past 15 years--various choirs and leadership experiences
--I have directed and arranged for choirs. I also play the ukulele :)
--Organizer for Small Group Collegiate Activities
--Soccer Intramurals
--In H.S. I created a program that is still functioning at my Alma Mater called Music Day which highlighted musical talent in the school and provided opportunities for students to engage in Musical Theater. It was unprecedented at my school.

Employment
--Medical Scribe--5 months so far--current
--Tutor: Spanish, Test Prep, Chemistry, Math--one year--current, but will quit soon
--CNA--Assisted Living--8 months
--I've also worked in other capacities. Always worked while in school
--Worked at a theme-based summer camp for two summers as kitchen staff and a sub-counselor

Shadowing
--PCP--40 hours
--Internal Medicine Hospital--25 hours
--plus my scribing experiences

I was recently accepted to an M.A. in Spanish program with a Graduate Assistantship. I plan to finish my pre-med coursework while I do this.

GA Resident. URM (African-American woman, Immigrant Parents, low-income). Non-Trad.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)