3.5 cgpa 3.38 sgpa 35 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cryingforevere

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have around a 65% chance of acceptance to one MD program with a GPA of 3.5 and a MCAT of 35. The 5 years of volunteering will look good on your application: most applicants only have 150-200 hours or so. Schools with a service mission like Creighton would probably like that.

I would apply to about 14 low-tier MDs, 3 reach mid-tier MDs, and 3 DO schools that appeal to you. You are a strong candidate for DO: your stats are all great and they would get excited about an applicant with five years of volunteering.

I think with a broad, balanced list you will be fine for MD. The sGPA is your main weakness; can you raise it by application time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lamel, there isn't a way I can raise it since I only have a semester before I apply.
Thanks for the advice Doug. Can you explain what schools are considered low-tier and mid-tier?

Well can't you take a few science classes next semester before you apply?

No :( the way the engineering curriculum works out at my school is that next semester I have to take basically all engineering classes and a couple of humanities. I tried to squeeze in something, but it didn't work out.

Then I think your best chance would be for low-tier private MD schools and your state schools. Your MCAT is really good so that should help salvage your GPA a bit. Apply broadly.