3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 26R

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dfro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Post a while ago but didn't get much feedback so hoping I might get some more this time. Stats are as listed in title. I have some really strong EC's, many hours on a variety of long-term volunteer projects, extensive hours shadowing a primary care physician (MD though), and strong letters from MD, chair of my undergraduate biology department, and a few others. Also my current job as a translational medical researcher I think will play a strong role in schools that emphasize research. Here is my list with my top 5 at the top, rest are in no particular order:

Chicago-COM
Western U
ATSU-Kirksville
Philadelphia-COM
NYCOM
Ohio
Tuoro-CA
Kansas City
UNE
RVU
Campbell

And am I crazy for submitted an application to my two state allo- schools? I want to pursue primary care and both institutions emphasize this field.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a good shot at most of those schools. CCOM, PCOM, NYCOM, and Western are going to be a little tougher but you definitely have a shot. Depending on what state you are from, I don't think you are crazy for applying to your state allo schools. It really depends on what schools they were. If you are applying to the UCs, I'd say your a little crazy for trying.

Hey Guys,

Post a while ago but didn't get much feedback so hoping I might get some more this time. Stats are as listed in title. I have some really strong EC's, many hours on a variety of long-term volunteer projects, extensive hours shadowing a primary care physician (MD though), and strong letters from MD, chair of my undergraduate biology department, and a few others. Also my current job as a translational medical researcher I think will play a strong role in schools that emphasize research. Here is my list with my top 5 at the top, rest are in no particular order:

Chicago-COM
Western U
ATSU-Kirksville
Philadelphia-COM
NYCOM
Ohio
Tuoro-CA
Kansas City
UNE
RVU
Campbell

And am I crazy for submitted an application to my two state allo- schools? I want to pursue primary care and both institutions emphasize this field.

Thanks!

You are ok for DO...What is your state of residency? You might have a slim shot at MD depending on your state of residency,

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you have a good shot at most of those schools. CCOM, PCOM, NYCOM, and Western are going to be a little tougher but you definitely have a shot. Depending on what state you are from, I don't think you are crazy for applying to your state allo schools. It really depends on what schools they were. If you are applying to the UCs, I'd say your a little crazy for trying.
I wouldn't even dare as a California resident...I am across the nation, in Connecticut. So UConn would be my only option (Yale obv. out of the question) but Quinnipiac is starting a new allo program and I'm hoping to sneak in there.

You are ok for DO...What is your state of residency? You might have a slim shot at MD depending on your state of residency,
Connecticut, as mentioned below, I am submitting to UConn and then Quinnipiac (brand new) as soon as they open. I'm just worried about getting interviews to these DO programs...I feel confident that if I can get an interview I will be able to get into at least one.