3.5 cGPA, 3.45 sGPA, 33 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

singhgs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently a junior looking to apply this cycle. Just wanted to get some opinions on how competitive you think I'll be. I'm looking to apply to MD and DO programs. Aside from the grades I have:

1 year of clinical research experience (direct interaction with patients)
.5 year of research in movement science
200 hours of shadowing of multiple physicians
200 hours of non Medical Volunteering
Executive Board of 3 different clubs
Founded a large scale nonprofit event that led to 700+ people in the audience
3 Internships-- 2 in IT, 1 in healthcare

MI resident and undergrad at Univ. of Michigan- Ann Arbor

Along with that I have letters of rec coming from physicians, research and professors. My biggest worry is that my GPA will hinder me. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Your numbers are on the low end of competetive for MD programs, especially U MI or Wayne State. But definitely try MSU! I think you have a very good shot at the low end schools, like Rosy Franklin or NYMC. You're fine for any DO program. ECs look sound

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a junior looking to apply this cycle. Just wanted to get some opinions on how competitive you think I'll be. I'm looking to apply to MD and DO programs. Aside from the grades I have:

1 year of clinical research experience (direct interaction with patients)
.5 year of research in movement science
200 hours of shadowing of multiple physicians
200 hours of non Medical Volunteering
Executive Board of 3 different clubs
Founded a large scale nonprofit event that led to 700+ people in the audience
3 Internships-- 2 in IT, 1 in healthcare

MI resident and undergrad at Univ. of Michigan- Ann Arbor

Along with that I have letters of rec coming from physicians, research and professors. My biggest worry is that my GPA will hinder me. Any thoughts?