3.5 cgpa, 3.45 sgpa, 512 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eli1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker finally posting on WAMC...
I attended a SUNY in New York, majored in Neuroscience.
Freshman year gpa was a 2.8, I have taken summer and winter courses though to raise it, and had a 4.0 my last 3 semesters (the first of those three I had a W in biochem due to sickness and no makeup policy). I have since taken it over this summer at a SUNY closer to me and received an A.
Graduated in December after 3.5 years, then studied for the MCAT and took it in April.
Did research at cancer center for summers of freshmen/sophomore year, no pub but letter from P.I who is a DO.
Studied for MCAT summer after junior year.
Started a political club on campus that has 100 chapters nationwide, have written 2 policies being used and adapted by local politicians.
Part of another club that spends weekends with foster children.
Volunteered at hospital in the fall for 60 hours.
Shadowed 6 doctors through different specialties (pediatric surgery. pediatric EM, oncology, hospitalist). One was a DO. Total hours of shadowing is approx 200.
Member of the club soccer team

My home state is New York. I definitely prefer attending an MD school given the option but realize my grades may not allow that to happen.

This is my tentative school list.
downstate
upstate
stony brook
buffalo
nymc
albany med
drexel
temple
jefferson
tcmc
rosy franklin
netter
georgetown
george washington
wake forest medical school
uvm
loyola
vcu
rush** (not sure if I can list hours for my service oriented clubs as volunteer service)
rutgers? - I have strong connections, don't know if that counts for anything.

pcom
lecom
nycom
nsu
ccom

Please let me know what schools I can add, and whether or not I have a chance. My first choice is downstate med, followed by any of the SUNYs.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have the same gpa and MCAT as you lol, except I am in cali =(

Members don't see this ad :)
You have an upward trend with your GPA and this is will noticed by adcoms. Your application seems pretty good, great MCAT score and decent ECs, I think you'll get some invites for interviews. Theres definitely a good chance for the all the SUNYs since you're instate too