3.5 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA, 30 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2006DWB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying to multiple schools but KCOM is my absolute without a doubt number one choice.

Bachelors in Kinesiology/Radiography

As stated above I will have a 3.5 cGPA, 3.8sGPA, and 30 on the MCAT......VERY strong upward trend. I went from a 2.8 transfer to 4.0 throughout the rest of my undergrad.

Clinical Experience- Registered Radiologic Technologist (X-ray tech) for 3+ years- experience in hospitals, nursing homes, home health, and correctional facilities.

Just returned from a week long medical mission trip in Costa Rica

Will have over 200+ shadowing hours including Cardiology, ER, obviously Radiology, and primary care. ( actually all D.O. grads except one Wash U. professor M.D)

Volunteer- habit for humanity, big brothers big sisters (this is the weakest part of my application in my opinion)

No research experience : (

All letters can come from KCOM alumni if I need them too. I have not decided if that is a good idea or not yet.

Entire in-law family is seemingly alumni of D.O schools.

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, the weakest part of your application would likely be the lack of research experience as opposed to your volunteer work. Research experience is pretty important. It's also sometimes beneficial to have volunteer work in a hospital setting, in addition to volunteering in the community. :)

You have a very strong chance at KCOM. I'd suggest adding other schools that are compatible with your stats, but I think you have a good chance.

Any DO program
Any new MD program
Any of the low-tier MD schools.
Your state school, if any (unless CA).

I will be applying to multiple schools but KCOM is my absolute without a doubt number one choice.

Bachelors in Kinesiology/Radiography

As stated above I will have a 3.5 cGPA, 3.8sGPA, and 30 on the MCAT......VERY strong upward trend. I went from a 2.8 transfer to 4.0 throughout the rest of my undergrad.

Clinical Experience- Registered Radiologic Technologist (X-ray tech) for 3+ years- experience in hospitals, nursing homes, home health, and correctional facilities.

Just returned from a week long medical mission trip in Costa Rica

Will have over 200+ shadowing hours including Cardiology, ER, obviously Radiology, and primary care. ( actually all D.O. grads except one Wash U. professor M.D)

Volunteer- habit for humanity, big brothers big sisters (this is the weakest part of my application in my opinion)

No research experience : (

All letters can come from KCOM alumni if I need them too. I have not decided if that is a good idea or not yet.

Entire in-law family is seemingly alumni of D.O schools.