3.5 GPA, 3.5 sGPA, 37O MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbelur

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The 3.5 are after a 40 unit post-bacc program in which my GPA was a 4.0. I took pretty much all science classes, except for 1 unit of clinical ethics.
My mediocre undergard GPA (3.2, 3.0 science) can be explained by a heakth condition.

I did a research internship at Bayer, studying multiple sclerosis. I have over 200 hours of non-clinical volunteer work, including coordinating small fundraisers for Muscular Dystrophy Association. I have 200 hours of volutneering at an ER and 40 hours of shadowing. I also worked as a tutor/afterschool techer for elementary school to highschool students.

I'm a CA resident. WHat are my chances of getting into a school in Cali?

Members don't see this ad.

If you also apply to the two CA DO med schools you have a good chance at staying in your home state, but positively predicting an California allo acceptance would be pollyanna-ish considering the strength of your competition. Even higher stat applicants than yourself don't always get in there. That said, your chances of an acceptance somewhere are excellent assuming a good PS, strong LORs, and good interview skills. Your extracurriculars are all I could suggest they should be. Your MCAT is terrific, and you have a strong upward grade trend.