3.52 Gpa, 3.48 Gpcm, 32p

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spootbat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Here are my stats:

I live in New York State, and I am between my 3rd and 4th year of college. Major is Biochemistry, minor is Mathematics. I am white and Jewish.

3.52 GPA, 3.48 BCPM, 32P (11, 9, 12)

My science grades are good, only being dragged down by a C in an upper level math course called Number Theory in Spring of last year. I've recovered this year with a vengeance, getting all A or A- in each of my 9 classes over three terms except for one in which I got a B+.

In the summer between 1st and 2nd years, I volunteered at a nursing home. Last summer, I volunteered in the health services building at a mental hospital, and was a great experience. I enjoy cooking. Currently, I am doing biochem research at my college as part of a fellowship I was awarded. I did a presentation last fall about psychoactive drugs using what I learned at the mental hospital. In my 2nd year, I did an independent study research project in anthropology where I investigated whether "Spanglish" exists in America.

I have a cousin who is a clinical professor at New York Medical College, where my father was also a professor (although he was fired....). My cousin graduated from NJMS, and I have other cousins who have graduated from SUNY Downstate and NYU. My father graduated from University of Louisville School of Medicine. My father is currently deceased.

Schools to which I applied:

NYU
Albert Einstein School of Medicine (Yeshiva)
New York Medical College
Mt. Sinai
SUNY Upstate (Syracuse)
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Buffalo
Albany College of Medicine
UCONN
NJMS (New Jersey Medical School)
Drexel
University of Louisville
Stony Brook

Secondaries received and submitted: NJMS, UCONN, New York Medical College.

So, how are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: