MD & DO 3.55 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, waiting for MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radhopeful2021

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really stressed out during this time since I'm in a limbo of applying this coming cycle or next year. Took April MCAT. Graduating with a B.S. this Fall. Open to DO and MD programs. Asian American CA resident, first generation college student. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

ECs
>200 hours non medical related community service (continuing)
>300 hours at a hospital (continuing)
>10 hours at a free health clinic (continuing)
20 hours of shadowing in a private practice
2 years of biology research (no poster)
>1 year of synthetic chemistry research (no poster, continuing)

+2 year mentor for a transfer student program at my university (continuing)
+played a sport all throughout high school, temporarily stopped for two years due to a health condition, started to play again last two years of college (~6 years, continuing)
+picked up a new sport and have been playing for 2+ years (continuing)
+advanced to regional championships for table tennis, two years in a row
+president of a student interest organization
+TA for a Kinesiology course
+work in a very small engineering company (continuing)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It all comes down to the MCAT.
Sorry if it wasn't clear! GPA is found on the title. I thought that was clear :p MCAT score should be coming in the next few weeks. What kind of score should I be looking at? If and below a certain score should I really retake the MCAT?

Sorry if it wasn't clear! GPA is found on the title. I thought that was clear :p MCAT score should be coming in the next few weeks. What kind of score should I be looking at? If and below a certain score should I really retake the MCAT?
You can become a physician with scores of about 25 and greater. Where you should apply will depend on that score, however.