3.55 cGPA, 34M, School list help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlumBob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posted this before, but didn't get many replies.

Major: Psychology: Natural Science Focus (basically my schools version of neuroscience)
Minor: Biology
cGPA: 3.55 sGPA 3.61 MCAT 34M (10PS, 12VR, 12BS)
IL resident, non URM
Already graduated, working as a research assistant at U of Chicago during the year off.

Research: 1800+ hours
I am the senior researcher and lab manager at a malaria lab on campus. First author on 2 papers (one submitted and another in prep for submission, but we have all the data), second author on 2 papers (one submitted and another in review) 3rd author or lower on several others that are in prep for submission or have been submitted. Also trained many lab members, designed protocols, etc. Usually spent 20-40 hours per week. PI wrote me a STRONG LOR. I was also was awarded 2 research fellowships (both competitive and very selective), gave 2 poster presentations and one oral presentation (my oral presentation won "Best Science Talk" at the symposium I was at.)

Shadowing: 60 Hours
Shadowed an orthopedic surgeon (saw both clinical and OR) and a cardiologist.

Volunteering:
40 hours working at an information desk (night shift) at a local hospital.
40 hours clinical volunteering at the same hospital on the oncology floor.

I also worked as a computer tech during my sophomore year, quit because it was hurting my grades.

Involved with No Excuses University, I mainly went into elementary schools to talk to the kids about going to college and also did math/reading workshops.

I know my volunteering isn't up to par, but I'm hoping my research will make up for it.

These are schools I am thinking of applying to, but I want suggestions for additional schools as I am looking to apply "early and broadly" as SDN recommends.
Loyola (went to LUC for UG)
Northwestern University
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
University of Chicago
University of Illinois
Baylor
George Washington
Georgetown
Medical College of Wisconsin
Drexel
Temple