3.56 cGPA, 3.61 sGPA, 36M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
deleted

Last edited:
I'd remove UWashington as their OOS acceptees tend to be from nearby states without a med school. Your list is otherwise fine.

You have nice stats, but I'd be very concerned that you have only a small amount of clinical experience, and no physician shadowing. Adcomms like to see that you've tested the vocation of medicine and have a firm idea of what doctors do all day. I'd recommend that you get something started in both these areas so you have pertinent material for future update letters and something to say at interviews. And if you end up reapplying next year, you'll have made a significant, important improvement to your application. Spending 3-4 hours per week for the next year is all it takes.

Leadership and teaching are two other EC areas where you appear to be lacking. You might try to build up those areas as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
deleted

Last edited:
It's my opinion that your chances will be significantly lower without the usual, though not specifically stated on most allo school websites, clinical experience, shadowing, and community service. You will see a rare posting here on SDN of someone claiming to have received an acceptance without one or another of this triad; with luck you'll be one of them. MD/PhD applicants may at some schools be excused some of the expectation as their focus is more research. The most-selective through the least seem pretty much the same in terms of what adcomms want to see on your application for these activities.