3.57 cumulative gpa 4.0 Post bac 515 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saldude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm applying for the first time and I live in New Jersey. I know I'll be applying to all of the NJ schools and the ones in Pennsylvania and New York that have a high rate of acceptance for out of staters. Should I apply to any other schools? Also when should I submit my primary at the latest without having a negative effect or should I have done so on the first day applications opened up. I think I have an average amount of extracurriculars as well. Also I had a downward trend in gpa because of illness for the last two years in college, will I need to explain this in my personal statement? Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Schools I'm thinking of applying to
NJ
Robert Wood Johnson
Rowan-Cooper
Rutgers NJMS

NY
Albany
Hofstra
New York Medical
Rochester
NYU
Stony Brook

PA
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Jefferson

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend adding the following (but delete NYU and SUNY):

BU
U Miami
U VM
Tufts
Loyola
Tulane
Wake
Creighton
Rush
Case
Duke (maybe)
Gtown
GWU
Seton Hall if they're taking apps.
VCU
EVMS
Any DO program, starting with Cooper, NYITCOM, Touro-NY, UNECOM, and PCOM

Save explanations for the GPA decline for secondaries

Hi i'm applying for the first time and I live in New Jersey. I know I'll be applying to all of the NJ schools and the ones in Pennsylvania and New York that have a high rate of acceptance for out of staters. Should I apply to any other schools? Also when should I submit my primary at the latest without having a negative effect or should I have done so on the first day applications opened up. I think I have an average amount of extracurriculars as well. Also I had a downward trend in gpa because of illness for the last two years in college, will I need to explain this in my personal statement? Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Schools I'm thinking of applying to
NJ
Robert Wood Johnson
Rowan-Cooper
Rutgers NJMS

NY
Albany
Hofstra
New York Medical
Rochester
NYU
Stony Brook