MD & DO 3.58 cGPA, 3.9 sGPA, 506 MCAT School list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pacobag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a non trad and currently doing a DIY post-bac, I have a BS in Economics and need a couple more sciences. I recently left the military. I am currently an Indiana resident. My cGPA is 3.58, but Freshman year a long time ago was 2.6 and then a 5 year gap and then 3.9 since. I took the July MCAT and scored a 506 (125,130,127,124).

I have no research experience or any real volunteering outside of the military. I have 200 hours of shadowing a forward deployed trauma team consisting of two general/trauma surgeons and two orthos. The experience includes me performing and assisting with minors, OR, and teaching first aid and trauma care to international police and military forces. They wrote me a Recommendation. I also have 20 hours shadowing a family medicine and internal medicine physicians.

My work experience is my interesting part. I spent 10 years in the military and Special Operations. I have multiple years spent around the world training, assisting, advising, and leading military and police units in both combat and peacetime operations. This experience include extensive medical training, training others in first aid and combat care, and actual trauma experience.

I have numerous awards for leadership and achievement and graduated Summa Cum Laude. Here is my list of schools thoughts? Most important for me is get in, and then to stay close to home, Indiana.

So applied so far to:
Indiana
Michigan State
Western Mich
Toledo
Wright State
USUHS
Case Western

DO:
Marian
Chicago
Michigan State
Ohio
Rocky Vista

Thoughts? Thanks for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine for the DO schools. For MD consider adding these schools where you have a chance for an interview with your stats:
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Georgetown
GW
Oakland Beaumont
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis